Voltarol - related music

Wednesday 10 August 2011

Apologies and announcements...

Those of you who listened last Friday will be aware that the show was a repeat of the last week's programme (see previous posting for details. Unfortunately I was laid low by an attack of Lurgy, brought about by side effects of a course of antibiotics. There is an irony in there somewhere but I can't quite put my finger on it at the moment...Next Friday's show (12th August) will be the last in the current series. I'm taking a break until September when the show will return at the new time of  9.30 pm on Wednesday evenings.

You may have notices that the photograph on my profile has made a change for the better. The picture is in fact of the Brazilian singer, Silvia Nicolatto, who I met on my last visit to the country (see Voltarol in Brazil 2010). Silvia will be in Cornwall in September and October and will be performing several gigs in the South West and I shall be part of her band. For the background story and regular updates, please check out this new blog. I will be telling some of the story and playing some of her music on the radio show this week. The first part of the show will be devoted to Choro and Forró. I shall be playing the Silvia Nicolatto tracks in the last half hour or thereabouts.

No comments: