Voltarol - related music

Sunday 10 July 2011

Another random selection

This week was unthemed  - it was just a bunch of favourites pulled out more or less at random, but nevertheless, I hope you found it to be a fairly balanced show. We'll be returning to the guitars again next week. Having got as far as 'R', I now have discovered yet another bunch of players that I've managed to miss, so I've had to back track a lttle. Still, nobody's perfect eh? Incidentally, my spell checker insists that there is no such word as 'unthemed' an suggests that I might mean 'Gunther'
I just thought Id mention it...
Voltarol at work at The Source F.M. - pictured by Matthew, the Station  Manager

ADVENTURES IN THE DIN TRADE – programme 10. Friday 8th JULY

THEME TUNE – Andei

1. DAVE GRUSIN – Prelude II 5.39

2. NILSSON – Vine Street 2.50

3. DAVID GORDON TRIO – The Alchemist and the Catflap 6.33

4. BELA FLECK & THE FLECKTONES – The Flight of the Cosmic Hippo 4.29

5. IVAN LINS – Quadras de Roda 3.35

6. DONALD FAGAN – Ruby Baby 5.38

7. GIL EVANS – The Ballad of the Sad Young Men 4.00

8. JERRY DOUGLAS – Redhill 4.56

9. PAT METHENY GROUP – Last Train Home 5.38

10. DEODATO – Also Spracht Zarathustra 8.58

11. INGRID LAUBROCK – Underwater Garden 5.09

12. DJAVAN – Miss Susanna 4.06

13. DUKE ELLINGTON – Madness in Great Ones 3.27

14. IAN DURY – Razzle in my Pocket 2.57

15. LUIZ AVELLAR – Ninho de Vespa 4.01

16. ZIZI POSSI - Quem é Voce 4.13

17. MEREDITH D’AMBROSIO – There’s a Lull in my Life 3.56

18. LEO GANDELMAN – A Rã 4.43

19. KRIS GAYLE – All Blues 6.36

20.JOÃO BOSCO  Holofotes 5.15

I apologise for the somewhat abrupt ending of this track. It wasn’t my doing, honest!



No comments: